Sunday, August 14, 2005



Monday, August 15 at about 4:35 am Beijing time

Well, today's the big day! I woke up early again and couldn't get back to sleep, in part because I was thinking about today. It was great meeting the rest of our group yesterday that we will be traveling with. It's so nice to share the journey with others.

We have to be ready to leave for the airport at 6:30 am, and so once again I have limited time. I did want to post a couple of pictures from yesterday before we left, however. I tried to upload several pictures yesterday and things were too slow. Fortunately it worked now, but I've only attached two pictures due to time problems. The two pictures that are attached are a picture of us at the Great Wall and a picture of us in front of the Forbidden City (actually, I think it's the Imperial City at this point but basically it's the same thing).

As I was uploading the pictures, Sue stopped by and was ready to roll at about 4:40 am. She said that she has been awake since 1:30 (I woke up at almost the identical time) and she hasn't been able to sleep since (nor have I). She's excited, I'm excited, and we're ready to roll!

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and prayers. We appreciate them!

Gord


Att

No comments:

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In