Friday, August 19, 2005


Friday August 19 at 8:00 pm Changsha time

It has been a couple of days since I have posted. I have been busy taking care of Stacie. Today I received a copy of Stacie’s “finding ad” from the newspaper that had her picture and a description of what she was wearing and where she was found. Each child that is found abandoned is photographed and an “ad” is placed in the local newspaper for relatives to come forward. I believe this step is the last attempt to contact any relatives and see if they will come forward to claim her. If no one claims her then she can be placed for adoption. The ad in the newspaper was dated January 3, 2005. As I read the “ad” I got so emotional (again). I could only imagine her birth mother as she dressed Stacie (Fu Meng) one last time, as she got a bottle ready with the milk powder that she left, and carefully putting her in a basket and bringing her to a place that she hoped someone would find her along the side of the road. Hoping that someone would give her a better life. Even writing this brings me to tears. I love her so much and can’t imagine the pain her mother went through to have to leave her. This is such a tragedy here in this country. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Each day we are discovering new things about Stacie. She loves rice, watermelon, tofu, eggs, plain yogurt, bananas, applesauce and croissants. She also loves to walk holding onto our hands. She knows how to do the motions to “soo big”. She also takes good naps. They have usually been around three hours long (today was over four hours). She loves to snuggle with me and wants to come to me if someone other than our family is holding her-Yea!! She has a blast with the kids. They are so good with her and take right over and help me out. Stacie constantly wants to play with them and the kids have to take turns holding her. Whenever she is with Stephanie, Sarah or Ryan she is giggling and laughing so hard--I have never seen a baby laugh so much. She wakes up smiling. We all have been laughing so much these past four days. I have fallen so in love with her. It seems like we have had her forever—she is perfect for our family—God is so good!

Today we went to the embroidery museum and factory. It is amazing how beautiful the pictures are. Hunan is known for embroidery and they are experts.

Blessings--Sue

P.S.: Attached is another picture from yesterday's trip to the country.

3 comments:

Johnny said...

You are so lucky to have taken your kids for the adoption. They can ask questions about why she was left, look at the conditions around you, and partially understand. Your posting about visiting that village and seeing the room where the husband brought his bride to live with them? Another example of the son being the equivalent of Social Security for the parents. Your thoughts about Stacie's mom made me choke up too. Thinking about that does it every time.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!

Lee

Anonymous said...

I have had such a surge of emotions reading your postings! I feel I have gotten to know your family so much better in these blog postings! Your in my thoughts and prayers--can't wait for Stacie to come home to her beautiful home! Love, Lora

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In