Friday, August 26, 2005


Friday, August 26 at 7 am Hong Kong time

Well, this is it. We've finished and now we're heading home. It's been a great trip and a wonderful experience for us.

We have to leave for the airport at about 9:30 or so and our plane leaves at 12:45 pm Hong Kong time (which is 12:45 am Michigan time) - we'll arrive in Grand Rapids at 5:40 pm Michigan time. The trip over was long, but the return trip will be especially long with a 1 year old. We'd appreciate your prayers that Stacie will do well.

Sue and I will have one final post on our blog once we return giving our thoughts about the trip and the adoption, but for now I better get going to help pack!

Attached is a picture from last night of the harbor in Hong Kong. (There are better views, but almost all of our night pictures showed up as blurry due to the combination of it being night and being on a boat that was rocking with the waves.)

Take care, and see you soon!

Gord

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Stephanie im so excited you are coming back in like a couple days i can't wait to see you! so give me a call when you get back! hope you have a safe and quick trip home! love Stephanie Paauwe!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I have enjoyed reading your journal, thanks to my sister, Cindy, for telling me about it. Stacie is adorable and I can tell you are all really enjoying her. I'm praying for a good travel day. I know how hard it is as an adult in a plane that long, but with a baby, that's another story. Look forward to reading your report when you get home.
Your cousin,
Starla Jensen

Anonymous said...

Great posts!!! Have a safe and fun trip home. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Gord and Sue,
I've been thinking of your family so much since the family reunion wondering about the adoption of Stacie and your trip to China. I'm so glad I got this webpage from Caryn. I have been blessed to read some of your entries of your amazing trip to pick up your daughter! Thank you! It really touched my heart. There were tears in my eyes the whole time as I read.

Sue, I talked to you at the family reunion and had mentioned Jason and I were thinking of adopting...well we are on the waiting list to adopt a little girl from Korea! We are so excited! We feel God's hand in it unbelieveably!

Congratulations on bringing Stacie home to your wonderful family! Please keep us updated!

Love,
Gina and Jason Smits
jgsmits@juno.com

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In