Monday, October 08, 2007

We Have Zachary!

This has been a wonderful day! Zachary (we still call him Lai Lai for now) grieved for less than an hour. The crying was very difficult but necessary. It was a good thing because to me that means that he was attached to his caregivers and that he can "attach" again. It is better that he can get out the pain by crying than to bottle it up inside.

I am going to make this post very short because I need to get some sleep. Both of the kids are sleeping and so is Gordon so I need to rest too. Things are progressing well. It has only been 12 hours since we have had Lai Lai and he is bonding with Gord. His primary care giver is a man who we met today. He is very nice and really cares about Lai Lai. Gord has been giving Lai Lai his food and drink and is caring for him. Lai Lai smiles a lot for Gord and laughs quite a bit for him. Gord is doing a great job and I know that he loves him so very much.

By the end of the day Lai Lai let me cuddle with him with a sippy cup of water. It made me feel good that he is letting me inside his world too. I know that this process takes time and as long as he is doing well with Gord I will be patient. He is such a shy and sweet boy. Stacie is the best little sister. She is patient with him and is having fun with him.

Tomorrow morning we need to go and finalize the adoption. Lai Lai will again see his care giver and I am curious to see how he reacts to him. After the adoption we are going shopping. Most all of the clothes that I brought for Lai Lai fit him. After his bath tonight (which he was giggling quite a bit) he tried on some of the clothes for me. He is now wearing his new baseball pjs.

We so appreciate your continued prayers. I certainly feel them and welcome them.

Love,
Sue (mom to 5 - wow!) : )

We will post tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

How wonderful to see pictures of you guys with Zachary! So glad to hear that it's going well. We'll continue to pray for the transition and bonding. Praise God for this wonderful little boy.

The Winters

Anonymous said...

My heart is SOOO excited and thrilled for your beautiful family! Sue and Gord, I wish I could hug you right now! WOW... what a blessing for a family that gives out blessings everywhere they go! I love the Toering Family and I miss you! I will continue to watch your journey and pray for you. HUGE HUGS! Denise Husby and the "Gang" PS... I am excited that Ryan has a BROTHER! Seth is looking forward to meeting Zachary and playing ball with him! heehee

Anonymous said...

How fun and exciting! Sounds like things couldn't be going better. Thinking and praying for all of you!

Congrats!
The Whites

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In