Saturday, October 13, 2007

Thank you for praying!

"I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not to abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. (Jer 29:11 MSG)

Last night was the first time I broke down and cried. After hearing Eli scream as he tried to get to sleep I was so filled with emotion. Seeing Gord hold him close and try to comfort him had gotten the best of me. I felt very weary and weepy. I was coming off from a migraine too and the Extra Strengh Excedrin kept me up kinda late. So as everyone was peacefully sleeping I was crying tears because I need the Lord's help so badly. I love my little guy so much and it is painful to see him in such pain while letting go and falling asleep. I also think that the orphanage visit took a toll on me emotionally too. To see where my son had lived for the past three years was difficult. Even though it was probably one of the nicest orphanages, he still lived without a mommy, daddy, brother and sisters.

Praise God that today when I had Eli lie down for a nap it only took less than 5 minutes for him to calm down and drift into sleep. I laid down with him and held him and while he was crying repeated in Chinese not to be afraid, that I loved him, that I am here for him and that he is a good boy. It seemed like when I said that I am here for him (in Chinese) he melted into my arms and let go. After 10 minutes or so when I tried to wiggle my way away from him to sleep he put his head right on my shoulder and put his arm around me and snuggled right into me. It was one of the most wonderful feelings I have ever felt as a mother. At that very moment my love for him grew so intense for him. It seems like with each of my children, whether by birth or adoption, there is that one very special moment at the beginning of our life together that I will never forget. I wonder if it is how God views us who are adopted by him in that when we finally give our struggles and fears to him does he say you are finally trusting me...now rest in my peace.

Your prayers continue to be felt and I again cannot thank you enough for them. To see him drift off to sleep so very quickly for his nap brought tears to my eyes. This time tears of thankfulness that God answered my prayers. I know that several of you have been praying for sweet sleep for him and after 2 1/2 hours now of napping I think that he is going to be well rested.

I am looking forward to the future with my family. I can't wait to see Zachary playing at Playworld with Stacie and all of her friends, visiting the animals at the zoo, going outside to play at our home, chasing bubbles in the yard, seeing the leaves turn red, yellow and orange. Having Ryan show him how to play T-ball and basketball and football, etc. Going to Post Family Farm and riding on a hayride and sipping apple cider and eating their great pumpkin donuts. So much to look forward to. I love to see him just be so taken in by the very simple things that we see and do every day.

Today we went to Shamian Island for his medical exam. It doesn't look like we will be able to do any shopping there this time since we are staying about 30 minutes from the Island. We are in a very nice hotel and it is great to be with three other families from our agency. Once again we are fortunate to have a great guide, Judy, and she and I just filled out the final paperwork for Zachary Eli's Visa and for the adoption to be finalized in China. This way we won't have to go through the process of re adoption once we are in the USA. In other words...when we land in the USA Zachary will become a US Citizen!!! : ) He has no idea right now what significance that is for his life but he will as he grows up.

Since there aren't any cribs in this hotel the kids are sleeping with us. Surprisingly Eli slept fairly still and didn't keep Gord awake and Stacie did very well with me too. Another blessing.

Stacie said just now that she misses her brother and sisters and is looking forward to coming home. It is hard to believe that only four more nights at the hotel and we will be flying home.

Sue

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Praising God with you that the nap went better! We'll continue to pray for progress in this area, and for the rest of you. Thanks for the great pictures!

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Sue... thanks for sharing your heart...

Rik

Amy Lynn said...

Hooray for a good nap!!

Praying for continued improvement!

Thank you for sharing that special moment for you with Lai-lai. What a precious, precious moment.

Will be praying for stamina for you all as you finish these last days in GZ.

Amy and the Fisher gang

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In