Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Adoption Day!

Today is the official day of Zachary's adoption. We met at the Civil Affairs Office in Nanjing to sign the documents. Then we were off shopping at the huge supermarket. Poor little Lai Lai (what we still call him) was so scared when we went up the escalator - I think the floor turning into steps kinds freaked him out a little. His little legs went wobbly and Gord quickly scooped him up and all was well again.

We went to lunch and then we all took about a 3-4 hour nap! I know that this leaves little time for blogging but we find that we all need our rest and so Gord and I rest/sleep when the kids sleep. which is what they are doing now and so I need to make this blog short. Although I have so much to say.

Big strides are happening in the way the Lai Lai is responding to me. He is letting me into his world and tonight he climbed onto my lap and let me look at books with him. Later, he called for me to come over to the window and sit with him while he looked down on all of the night time activity outside below our window. He was laughing when I was brushing his teeth and before bed we snuggled on the sofa and he was hugging me! Of course he thinks that daddy is the coolest but I am fine with that. I am thrilled that he is trusting us and really bonding with Gord. Gord has been so patient with Lai and it is really wonderful to see the two interact with each other. Since Stacie is so close to me this is really working out well. Stacie is not quite sure about Lai Lai now taking to me and her jealousy (sp?) is a learing time for her. I tried to tell her that mommy and daddy share things and she helped list everything that Gord and I share so that she could see how she and Lai Lai need to share too (including sharing her mommy.)

After our long nap we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. Lai really liked the pizza! We really got the looks when I was pushing the two kiddos in a double stroller down the busy sidewalk in China. Just love seeing people's reaction. The buildings light up at night and the atmosphere is carnival/Disney like here in China.

Can you imagine going to all of these places for the first time? Think of Disney World at night with all of the gazillion people all around you and that is probably how Lai Lai feels in many of the situations we are now in.

We hardly took any pictures today and since everyone is sleeping I am not sure where our cable for our camera is. Sooo..I am afraid I'll have to post pictures later. Gord or I will post more details too. I am going to get my rest too. We are enjoying our time getting to know each other as a family minus our very special three kids who are at home. We miss you Steph, Sarah and Ryan soooo very much!

Thank you so much for your comments and prayers. We are reading and saving your comments to share with Zachary when he is older. We want him to know how much he has been wanted and anticipated.

Many hugs,

Sue

No comments:

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In