Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11... A day never to forget...

September 11....9/11.....I see that date and I freeze for a moment. Remembering the tragedy. Remembering being at Ground Zero only 8 months after and seeing the empty space where two building used to stand.... Remembering the memorials set up and talking with the brave firefighters of Ladder 1 in NYC last summer....My heart goes out once again to all of the people who suffered and to all of the families who were/are so deeply affected. I just had to take a moment and reflect....


Today we did receive the go ahead to purchase our tickets for China! We will be leaving in three weeks. I am so very happy that the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. We even received an extra blessing in that Gord had enough Frequent Flyer miles to redeem for my ticket! That saved us a lot of money.

Gord spent the past two nights at the hospital for his foot. He was admitted after going to the ER on Monday night. He should be coming home on Wednesday. His foot is finally looking better after all of the antibiotic IVs. I hope that the doctors have this mystery infection under control. I found myself thinking several times that I am so glad that we are not leaving tomorrow. I might have had to travel to China by myself. I don't know how people who travel alone to adopt a child manages. I give them a lot of credit. It sure must be difficult.

My heart is at peace and I have a huge sense of calm now that we are only three weeks away! We have our LOA(Letter of Acceptance), our TA(Travel Approval), our CA(Counsulate Appointment - October 15th) and our plane tickets!! We will be able to have Lai Lai join our family on Sunday, October 7th!! What a wonderful day that is going to be!!!!!!

1 comment:

SuperTroll23 said...

Sue and Family,

Please know Gordon is in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery on his foot. We are so excited to follow your journey back to China!

Are you bringing Stacie with you? Send hugs and kisses to all!

We pray you have a safe journey and look forward to see gotcha day!

Love,
Matt, Tami, and Keilani

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In