Saturday, September 15, 2007

Starting to Pack!

I started putting all of the items together for our trip. Wow -- I have been buying items on my list since February (a little obsessive?) so I think everything is set. But now I have to organize it to fit into our suitcases - yikes! Well I guess if it doesn't make it into our luggage we can always go to Carefores or WalMart in China. I am trying to put together fun stuff for the kids to play with. Bubbles, playdoh, pipe cleaners, toy cars, colorforms, bath toys, etc. will be amongst the huge variety of medical supplies and antibiotics we need to bring (in case we get sick).

I also have about twenty pairs of new, soft, red 6-9 month jammies that Gymboree donated to Homeland China in response to a special on Oprah. These little one-piece pjs will keep the babies so warm this winter in the orphanage. I am carrying them to Lai Lai's orphanage for the organization. I am also planning on bringing some kids toothpaste to his orphanage. Andrea, who's son is from the same orphanage, donated a lot of toothbrushes in May and indicated to me that they needed toothpaste for the children too.

There is a lot to do over the next two weeks but it is so much fun planning for his arrival! The poor kiddo is going to be smothered with love by the time I get to hold him. I sure hope he is ready for it!!

Sue

PS: This is Gord here. I was released from the hospital on Wednesday after I was admitted for a foot infection that wasn't going away. Things are now well under control, and I'm very thankful . . .

No comments:

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In