Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Beautiful New Day!!

What a beautiful day! As I was making coffee for myself and french toast for all of the kids before school I heard the little patter of feet coming towards me in the kitchen. With a big hug around my right leg I looked down to see my little guy sleepily rubbing his eyes and saying "hi mommy". Boy does that ever warm my heart. He and I snuggled for a big hug and then he was off and running.

I am grateful for his successful (3 1/2 long) surgery. Right now the two little kiddos are playing mommy and daddy. Stacie has her new pink, flowing Easter dress for next year (two sizes bigger than she normally wears) with a princess crown on. The music is playing to a kids praise and worship CD and they are dancing and she is twirling around with Zach. They have set up their house in our living room complete with a baby and all they need for a happy play time. They pause to dance together again. How sweet! He holds her hand so sweetly as she twirls and twirls.

Oh to be a kid again. They sure do know how to live life. It is sometimes hard being 45 years old (how did I get to be that age???) with five kids including two little ones (my energy isn't always there) but it is also a high I wouldn't want to trade. I heard a radio show yesterday about empty nesters and I thought "Yikes - that would have been me in 5 years if we hadn't adopted these two sweeties!". Now I won't be an empty nester for hmmmmmm about 14 more years! That is just fine with me. By then my older kids might be having their own kids so I get to have little kids around me for a very long time! : )

I love hearing the things that four year olds say. They are so observant and honest. Like the fascination that Stacie had just this morning when she said - wow the sun and moon are both out!

It certainly is a beautiful day! By the way...the Happy Song is playing right now on the CD! The some of the words to the Happy Song playing now is....

"Everybody's singing now 'cause we're so happy
Everybody's dancing now, 'cause we're so happy
If only we could see Your face
And see You smiling over us
And unseen angels celebrate, hey!
For joy is in this place"


Sue


This was taken after we hiked up to Alberta Falls in Rocky National Park in Colorado

No comments:

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In