Monday, August 14, 2006

It's hard to believe that it has been one year since the evening before the arrival of Stacie. I remember last year, August 14, 2005, not being able to sleep much because I couldn't wait to have her in my arms. I remember so vividly the feelings, sights, and even smells of the days leading up to this incredible moment in time when I would become her mother.

I frankly don't know what our family would be like without her. She is such an amazing child. Stacie adds so much joy and laughter to our family. She is certainly a ray of sunshine.

Last month we took a vacation to New York and part of the time we spent with another family whose daughter (Allie) is from the same orphanage as Stacie. Allie and Stacie had so much fun together. Stacie was such a great trouper going all over New York City and also traveling for over 2000 miles in the van.

We spent this past weekend with another family whose daughter (Paige) is from the same orphanage as well. Paige and Stacie had a great time getting reaquainted.

Even through there are so many miles between Stacie and her friends from Hunan I pray that she will grow up knowing as many of the girls as possible. It will be so worth it!

Sue

No comments:

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In